Home > Communities > New Sellers >

New to selling on Amazon

Amazon Seller Topics
I have 11 boxes of It Works Body wraps that are unopened and I want to sell them. Registered on Amazon to sell but not a techie and not a lot of time as I have an 8 year old and 12 month old that keep me busy. Do I just send the boxes to Amazon and sit back or is there something else I am required to do?

Silly question but I won't know unless I ask

Edited by: localhibiscus on Aug 16, 2015 4:23 AM


localhibiscus wrote:
I have 11 boxes of It Works Body wraps that are unopened and I want to sell them. Registered on Amazon to sell but not a techie and not a lot of time as I have an 8 year old and 12 month old that keep me busy. Do I just send the boxes to Amazon and sit back or is there something else I am required to do?

Silly question but I won't know unless I ask

Edited by: localhibiscus on Aug 16, 2015 4:23 AM



Other seller is right, do your homework, or you can quickly end up in a pit.

You can ship them to amazon vie FBA, but there are additional fees for storage there per item per month, & you have to pay to ship your items to their warehouse. Other then the much more additional costs, yes, you can sit back n let the sales begin.

But on a small scale, like it sounds you are starting out as, you should ship them your self, any box or envelope will work, regular printer & some tape. You can bring your sales to the post office, or even have them picked up at your house by the post man when you need.

The choice is yours. Personally i feel I am capable of running a 3000ish item store myself, but with no kids or a regular job.

This is my regular job, & once you get the hang of it (& if your VERY careful) you will make LOTS of money from home.

Hope this helps.


I'm 99% sure I have seen sellers land in hot water with amazon for listing that brand. And you would have to be preapproved for the gated category.

Barb


There are a LOT of things you are required to do.
1. That goes in beauty category, which requires preapproval.
2. You may get into trouble with your company since that violates TOS
3. Sounds like you've been "too busy" to read the help files, which is a recipe for disaster. You should not even attempt to list anything without hitting the help button and spending several hours reading.
4. Amazon is a professional venue. You are expected to treat it as seriously as if you were running a brick and mortar store. If you are busy with children, then take the time to learn, decide how much time you can budget and start slow.
5. You are asking about FBA, which is shipping to Amazon warehouses rather than shipping yourself first. In my opinion, that is an extremely risky way for a new seller to start out. You are not approved in H&B, and if you list off category, a bot finds it, and listing is taken down. You then pay to have all that inventory sent back to you.
6. Not to mention that FBA is another learning curve on top of selling on Amazon. You have to prep, label and ship to several warehouses. Again, big section and videos on how to do FBA that you haven't looked at.

If that is the only product you are selling, which is iffy, you won't get approved in Health and Beauty, since you have to present 3 different wholesale invoices with large quantities of goods all dated in the last 90 days.

I think you are stuck with a bunch of inventory here. Better just go have some wrap parties.


Thank you so much everyone for clearing that up..... I am also an independent distributor for It Works products but should definitely read up before doing anything....


localhibiscus wrote:
Thank you so much everyone for clearing that up..... I am also an independent distributor for It Works products but should definitely read up before doing anything....


KennedyCorpOnline wrote:
Other seller is right, do your homework, or you can quickly end up in a pit.

You can ship them to amazon vie FBA, but there are additional fees for storage there per item per month, & you have to pay to ship your items to their warehouse. Other then the much more additional costs, yes, you can sit back n let the sales begin.

But on a small scale, like it sounds you are starting out as, you should ship them your self, any box or envelope will work, regular printer & some tape. You can bring your sales to the post office, or even have them picked up at your house by the post man when you need.

The choice is yours. Personally i feel I am capable of running a 3000ish item store myself, but with no kids or a regular job.

This is my regular job, & once you get the hang of it (& if your VERY careful) you will make LOTS of money from home.

Hope this helps.



')