Home > Communities > Other >

received my first negative feedback for item not received on due date

Amazon Seller Topics
Hi all,
I shipped a parcel out and paid for expedited shipping for a customer who paid for expedited parcel was shipped out November 23rd the shipment receive date on Amazon was by Nov 27th.
Customer just received it yesterday and gave me a 1 feedback of course mad that it did not show up by the 27th.

Now my question is, there is no way that I have control over how long it takes for a parcel to show up after I shipped on the required date with the paid for expedited shipping option.
Should I contact Amazon to have this removed? Since I did my part exactly as I was required to.

thanks in advance


It is the sellers responsibility to get the package to the buyer on time. The customer did not get what they paid for and you were the one that chose how it was delivered. You had the option to get the package to the buyer on a guaranteed date but you probably chose a lesser expensive method that has no guaranteed date of delivery because you thought it would be there on time.

It may not be your fault but, you are responsible.

The feedback has to do with your performance, you can ask Amazon to remove it but don't be surprised if they say no.


Are you sure you shipped it Priority Mail? Seems a little long for the item to arrive; even with the holiday.....


You have lots of options to meet the shipping deadline, and whichever one you chose didn't work. Unfortunate but there it is.

I'd see if there's anything you can do to satisfy the customer at this point, but likely you'll have to live with it.


Popcorn Video wrote:
I shipped a parcel out and paid for expedited shipping for a customer who paid for expedited parcel was shipped out November 23rd the shipment receive date on Amazon was by Nov 27th.
Customer just received it yesterday and gave me a 1 feedback of course mad that it did not show up by the 27th.

Now my question is, there is no way that I have control over how long it takes for a parcel to show up after I shipped on the required date with the paid for expedited shipping option.
Should I contact Amazon to have this removed? Since I did my part exactly as I was required to.



dennis_mullin wrote:
Popcorn Video wrote:
I shipped a parcel out and paid for expedited shipping for a customer who paid for expedited parcel was shipped out November 23rd the shipment receive date on Amazon was by Nov 27th.
Customer just received it yesterday and gave me a 1 feedback of course mad that it did not show up by the 27th.

Now my question is, there is no way that I have control over how long it takes for a parcel to show up after I shipped on the required date with the paid for expedited shipping option.
Should I contact Amazon to have this removed? Since I did my part exactly as I was required to.



I thought it was long too...Ontario to Manitoba,
all my parcels go out expedited small business 2 business days in Ontario,

3-4 business days Manitoba and west...I specifically was told by the clerk that it would take the same time as express post since I have the small business solutions card.

the 3-4 obviously didn't cut it from Canada Post as it took longer.

this is the first time this has happened to us. sucks but i will live with it and maybe next time use Purolator if feasible.



Expedited Parcel isn't what's meant by Amazon's 'Expedited Shipping'. Expedited Parcel is only slightly faster than Regular Parcel. When a customer asks for Expedited Shipping, you might need to use Xpresspost. It depends. If it's going from Toronto to Montreal, Xpresspost isn't faster than Expedited Parcel. It's going to get there in 1 or 2 days no matter which one you choose. But if it's going from Toronto to Vancouver, it makes a difference. Xpresspost would be faster than Expedited Parcel.


Popcorn Video wrote:
Hi all,
I shipped a parcel out and paid for expedited shipping for a customer who paid for expedited parcel was shipped out November 23rd the shipment receive date on Amazon was by Nov 27th.
Customer just received it yesterday and gave me a 1 feedback of course mad that it did not show up by the 27th.

Now my question is, there is no way that I have control over how long it takes for a parcel to show up after I shipped on the required date with the paid for expedited shipping option.
Should I contact Amazon to have this removed? Since I did my part exactly as I was required to.

thanks in advance
I wish (but somehow) don't expect that az would change anything about the date issues...but like Dennis suggested---it's worth a try....



Academic_Books wrote:
This sounds like a 'difficult' buyer.....and that may be your problem.

I've had several buyers (who ordered Expedited-shipping) who did not have an issue with receiving them outside of az's 'estimated delivery' days..because, I suspect, they would see that I shipped the item by Expedited...and on time.



Popcorn Video wrote:
I thought it was long too...Ontario to Manitoba,
all my parcels go out expedited small business 2 business days in Ontario,

3-4 business days Manitoba and west...I specifically was told by the clerk that it would take the same time as express post since I have the small business solutions card.

the 3-4 obviously didn't cut it from Canada Post as it took longer.

this is the first time this has happened to us. sucks but i will live with it and maybe next time use Purolator if feasible.



Sorry to hear your predicament, in this case, the clerk got it wrong. Shipping within your Province is generally just a couple of days or less. When the customer pays more for shipping than usual, I will always send it Express Post. If you had, it would have arrived on time, and we would not be having this discussion.

Express Post is a waste of money only in a couple of areas, within your province, and, when the last leg in the delivery system is by dog sled. Most of my items will fit into the Express Post envelopes, so I always have them around, just in case.


Just curious, when was the order date?

That time frame is a tricky one - with the US having Thanksgiving on the 26th, and post offices being closed...I'm not sure what Canadian Post has in place - but that does seem very long.

I would refund shipping charges, and make a note of it in both a response to the comment itself, and to the customer themselves apologizing for the delay.


SeedyCDs123 wrote:
Academic_Books wrote:
This sounds like a 'difficult' buyer.....and that may be your problem.

I've had several buyers (who ordered Expedited-shipping) who did not have an issue with receiving them outside of az's 'estimated delivery' days..because, I suspect, they would see that I shipped the item by Expedited...and on time.



Lancaster PA Books wrote:
Just curious, when was the order date?

That time frame is a tricky one - with the US having Thanksgiving on the 26th, and post offices being closed...I'm not sure what Canadian Post has in place - but that does seem very long.



')